All ApplicantsThe following is required at the time a couple applies for a marriage license:
- $25 cash, MasterCard, Visa, or Discover.
- Proof of age and identity required (proof of age and identity is normally satisfied with a government-issued photo ID)
- If a government issued photo ID is not available, an original or certified copy of a birth certificate must be presented
Marriage Applications can be started online. Once the application has been submitted, both applicants must visit the County Clerk's Office to complete the application process. A deputy clerk will ask for identification of both applicants to verify information submitted. After verification, a Marriage Application must be signed, and a Marriage Certificate will be given. The certificate is to be completed by the individual performing the marriage ceremony. Once the ceremony has been performed, the certificate must be returned to the Clerk's Office to record marriage information. You will then be provided with a certified copy of the Marriage License and a completed Marriage Certificate. To begin the application process online click here.
For applicants who are 16 or 17 years old, in addition to the above requirements, you must have:
- An original or certified copy of your birth certificate.
- Written consent of each living parent listed on the birth certificate. If a government issued photo ID is not available, an original or certified copy of a birth certificate must be presented.
Applicants Under 16Marriages of persons under 16 years of age are only permitted when there is a pregnancy and when a District Court Judge has authorized the marriage.
Certified Copy of Marriage LicensesTo obtain a Certified Copy of a Marriage License, submit your request through the Tyler Web Public Document Search. Please include a phone number along with your request. A staff member will call
to process your request and verify protected information.
|Marriage License Application (Cash, MasterCard, or Visa)
|Certified Copies of Marriage Licenses
||$2.50 per Copy
|Duplicate Marriage Certificates
||$5 per Copy